Safe Haven Training
The CMG Safe Haven online training is replacing the VIRTUS training.
All school volunteers who have frequent, ongoing or recurring contact with students must attend Safe Haven training. Examples are volunteering in more than one school event per year, room parents, field trip chaperones, etc.
The training consists of 3 short training videos, followed by a few questions, the program is approximately 60 minutes in length and will include a criminal background check that must be completed.
These training are available in both English and Spanish. There will no longer be any live training sessions, all Safe Environment training will be available online only.
- All new employees and volunteers will complete the Safe Haven online training program instead of the previously required VIRTUS PGC training. The turnaround time for compliance approval is approximately two weeks.
- All individuals must complete the training and complete a background check prior to the start of employment and/or volunteer service.
- The 5-year anniversary date is still in place, individuals who recently attended a VIRTUS training session will not be due to complete refresher training until they have met their 5-year anniversary date.
- As the 5-year anniversary date is met, individuals will need to log into CMGConnect with their previous personal VIRTUS User ID and 1234 as the password. Once the individual logs into their CMGConnect account, they will be able to change their password. If they do not remember the User ID, they may contact the following:
The following individuals below will now be required to complete Safe Haven online training as well:
1. Individuals who have never attended the training.
2. Individuals who are currently due for refresher training and had not attended VIRTUS training.
3. Individuals who are currently due and have not attended VIRTUS training.
4. Individuals who are out of compliance or past due.
Note: A volunteer’s attendance will be verified before being allowed to volunteer at a school activity. These policies were established by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston by the Safe Environment Program. Any questions, please contact Sonia Flores, SFdS School Safe Environment Coordinator.