St. Francis de Sales School Admissions
Want to learn more about how to apply to SFdS? We’ve compiled helpful information for you!
Applying to SFdS
If you have not already done so, please consider scheduling a tour of the school at the following link: Schedule a Tour.
Admission is based on individual evaluation. All documents bulleted below must be received in order for an applicant to be considered for registration. Please return the Application form (which can be downloaded below), a $120.00 non-refundable application fee and all of the applicable documents*, as soon as possible:
- Original birth certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
- Immunization Records
- Copy of First Communion certificate (if Catholic)
- Previous Year’s Report Cards
- Current Report Card
- Any Standardized Test Results
- Grades 1 thru 8 require two confidential teacher recommendations
- Any Court Order or Decree relating to custody/ conservatorship of the student (if applicable)
*Please note that original school records sent directly from schools of current enrollment must be received in order for the application to be processed.
In accordance with Archdiocesan policy, St. Francis de Sales Catholic School does not discriminate against applicants or students on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin. Preference for enrollment will be given to current SFdS School families and active SFdS parishioners.
Pre-school students must be 3 years old for Pre-K3 or 4 years old for Pre-K4 by September 1st of each school year. Kindergarten students must be 5 years old and First-grade students must be 6 years old by September 1st of each school year.
Financial Aid Application (Optional)
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston provides financial resources to qualified applicants who could not otherwise attend St. Francis de Sales School.
This is a need-based program of tuition assistance. Resources are not allocated for merit and/or performance achievement.
- Priority 1. Currently enrolled students.
- Priority 2. Siblings of currently enrolled SFdS students from families registered and active in SFdS Parish.
- Priority 3. New students from families registered and active in SFdS Parish.
- Priority 4. Siblings of currently enrolled SFdS students from families not registered and active in SFdS Parish.
- Priority 5. New students from Catholic families registered in other parishes.
- Priority 6. Others not covered under 1-5.
When applications exceed the number of spaces available, applicants are assigned to a waiting list with their admission priority.
Tour our Campus
Come get a sense of the family atmosphere and the diversity we are known for throughout the Archdiocese!
Tuition & Fees
Private school is a big decision. Review the SFdS Annual Tuition for grades Pre-K through 8th Grade.
We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents the ability to track the status of their child's application.
SFdS School is now a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school.