"The mission of St. Francis de Sales Catholic School is to educate each student in a spirit of faith and academic excellence according to Roman Catholic principles. As part of a caring, disciplined community, our school, in partnership with parents, nurtures and challenges each student to develop to his or her full potential."
Our mission statement reflects our deep commitment and focus for the total development of each student spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially and. Our goal is to educate children to become caring, faith-filled adults involved with their family and their community. We nurture all children from diverse backgrounds as a reflection of the neighborhood, city and world in which we live. St. Francis de Sales is accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference of Education, and is member of NCEA, NCTM, NCTSS, GHARC.
We offer a comprehensive curriculum designed to meet the academic needs of each student, preparing them for high school, college and beyond. In addition to basic studies, we provide additional courses in the areas of: Art, Music, Spanish, Physical Education, Computer, and Speech. Students receive hands-on experience with new model computers and software in the Computer Lab, Library/Media Center and with iPads and wireless laptops in mobile units for classroom use.
We emphasize a strong moral code of Christian behavior. As a school, we emphasize listening skills, manners and self-discipline. We expect this high standard of behavior because we believe that every student has the right to learn and every teacher has the right to teach. Our focus is to graduate students who are well versed in the Catholic faith, Christian in their attitude and outlook, and academically prepared to continue their education.
SFdS School Quick Facts
- Founded: 1964
- Enrollment: approx. 400 co-educational
- Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Average Class Size: 17:1
- Classrooms: 27 Spacious classrooms including 2 science labs, computer lab, art room, and religion room
- Student ethnicity: 38% Asian, 12% African American, 22% Hispanic, 18% Caucasian, 9% Multi-racial, 1% Native Pacific Islander
- Hours: (Pre-K) 7:55 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. (K-8) 7:55 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: Academic honor organizations, service organizations, and a variety of sports
- BASP/Before and After School Program: 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (PK-8)
- Faculty: All degreed and certified classroom teachers; many with graduate degrees
- Uniforms: Yes
St. Francis de Sales Catholic School admits students of any race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We are an equal opportunity educational institution in administration of its education policies, admission policies, financial aid, athletics and other school-administered programs.